We were able to have all our things in our house for Christmas, and I even got a tree up and some decorations. The kids got their presents, and that was something I was really worried about. I was worried their presents would get "lost", but luckily, that didn't happen.
Our best present was picking up my in laws on Christmas Eve. They are such loving, warm people. I admire them for so many different reasons. But mostly, because they came down to help us with everything. From doing yardwork, hanging up all our pictures and knick-knacks, folding the never ending laundry, getting up with children and letting us (ME) sleep in an extra hour or two, to doing dishes, cooking dinner, playing with their grandchildren, taking out the trash, baby sitting so we can snag a couple dates and just getaway just the two of us.
Seriously, I LOVE them! We have such a great relationship, and not only are they my in-laws, they are my friends. So I feel like I get the best of both worlds.
Whoops, did I make this a post about how much I love my in laws? Well, they definitely deserve it!!
Also, did I mention we have 10 more days with them here? I might have a different blog post up after they leave. Just kidding. We will miss them a lot and be grateful for the time we got to spend together as a family. I got really lucky when I married Andy, because I picked up some really awesome in laws.
Seriously, I LOVE them! We have such a great relationship, and not only are they my in-laws, they are my friends. So I feel like I get the best of both worlds.
Whoops, did I make this a post about how much I love my in laws? Well, they definitely deserve it!!
Also, did I mention we have 10 more days with them here? I might have a different blog post up after they leave. Just kidding. We will miss them a lot and be grateful for the time we got to spend together as a family. I got really lucky when I married Andy, because I picked up some really awesome in laws.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.