29 October 2009

6 more days.

So I have about 6 more days until I finally get to go to the doctors and get my first official prenatal checkup. From what I can remember I will be giving blood and urine samples for testing. Getting an oh so fun pelvic examination. And then if I am lucky the doctor will actually tell me I'm pregnant!
But really it has been a bit of a frustration for me. Yes I took pregnancy tests. 5 to be exact. Yes I got to hear the heart beat. Thanks to my own initiative. It's just it doesn't feel real to me yet! I see women on the Babycenter forum where I read posting their ultrasound pictures from anywhere from 6 weeks to 10 weeks. They got to have ultrasounds already and know that their child is growing safely inside them.
I unfortunately don't have that comfort. I keep having daydreams (more like nightmares) about going into the doctors office finally at 12 weeks and them doing an ultrasound and telling me that if there was a baby, it's not there any more. I know I'm just freaking out, but I just can't help it!
Mostly I am probably the most impaitent person, and this has been probably one of the longest wait I've had to go through.

On another note Halloween is this weekend! Andy will be getting to dress up for what I think is his first time! I'm a bit sad that he never got to experience the fun of dressing in a costume and going trick or treating and eating lots of candy. I hope that when our children are older he can kind of live through their joy and get to experience it. Still we are hoping for nice weather and not too cold. Of course this is indiana so we have no idea what we are going to get!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.