05 November 2009

1st Dr. Appointment

On Tuesday I finally got to go to the doctor for my first official prenatal appointment. I knew that I probably wasn't going to get an ultrasound so I figured it was just testing and what not. Well when we got in we learned that our doctor we were supposed to meet with had to step out for a delivery! Not a big deal just kind of funny I mean it is his job and all to deliver babies. He might even deliver mine! So instead we met with a Nurse who did all the testing. I got to do the fun stuff of peeing in a cup. Donating blood and getting "checked out".
Mostly I feel bad for andy I thought it was going to be a bit more eventful since it was our first appointment, but apparently even prenatal appointments aren't that exciting either! So I get done and my next appointment is December 1st. I will be 16 weeks then. I think it will be just another checkup of sorts. Then I will get scheduled for my one and only ultrasound at another 4-6 weeks.
I'm hoping I can get it right at 20 weeks but I guess I will just have to see what I get.
I can already tell that being pregnant is working my nerves . I am impaitent person. I always have been and I think I always will be to some degree, but being pregnant and waiting for these appointments are testing me! I already know I'm going to be one crabby person when baby kirk is due.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.