Last night was a rough night..
Andy had gotten a root canal done yesterday, and so I picked him up and we proceeded to go home and wind down. About 6-7 pm, Andy started complaining that his mouth really hurt. He had taken some tylenol but they hadn't sent him home with anything, since normally a root canal, you get the nerve taken out of your tooth, thus eliminating any feeling in that tooth.
So it was a little odd that he was saying that his tooth was hurting. Fast forward to right around 8pm and now, he was in the full throes of pain. The tylenol obviously wasn't working, and I was at a loss.
I had just gotten Wilson to bed, so I suggested him driving to the ER on base, to at the very least give him something stronger.
The timing was horrible though because Andy has to wake up extra early on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays at a little after 3 am. YUCK!
So I knew that him going was going to cut into the few hours of sleep he might get. He ended up having to wait about an hour or more before getting prescribed some Vicodin and Motrin. I think he finally was home after 10 pm.
But he had a horrible time sleeping and told me he woke up at about 1 am to take some pain medication. Which means he barely got 2 hours of sleep when he finally had to wake up.
He woke up feeling nauseous, I think from taking the pain meds on an empty stomach. So I actually got up and went down and got him something to drink.
He was able to sit out of doing PT this morning, and went to the Dentist and was able to get his filling in his root canal fixed, which apparently was the cause of all the pain.
Tonight we are all going to bed extra early! And hopefully there won't be anything or any certain baby waking us up in the middle of the night!
19 April 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.