I've been slacking on blogging! Whoops!
So I thought I would do a 16 month update on my little one!
What an amazing little girl you are, Callie Joy. You are almost 31 inches tall and not even 22 pounds. Cry. You are tall and skinny! You can fit 18 month shirts/tops but your bottoms are all over the place, you can barely fit 12 month shorts/skorts. Jeans fall off. I'm pretty sure I could buy you 9 month shorts and you'd fit them. You are wearing size 4 shoes, and mommy is realizing that girls really do have tons of shoes. I thought you had plenty of shoes, and yet I'm constantly finding myself having to get you one more pair for some reason. (You still probably don't have that many, just seems like a lot.)
You do the funniest thing with your sippy cups, where you still haven't figured out how to tip it back to drink from it. You go and find a spot on the floor and lay down to drink. It reminds me a lot of mommy's friend's son, Dylan, who was your big brother's best friend, when we lived down at Keesler. (We MISS THEM LOTS!)
You can say a lot of different words now too!
Na-na, (banana) Choo-choo, (train) vroom vroom (car) Hi, Bye-Bye, Juu (Juice) Mama, Daddy, Bubble, Uh-Oh. Yay. Nigh-nigh, Poo-Poo, Doggie. You are learning how to say Thank you which sounds like "Thee thoo" and Love you "Wuff thoo" these are the ones we hear you say the most. But it's amazing!
You are still a good eater, but are getting distracted now. You will shove a lot of food in your mouth, and then when you are all done, you will try to stand up out of your high chair and climb out. When I ask if you are really all done, you tell me "No." Normally you are the first done eating. You still normally out eat your brother though. >.<
You go back and forth between, wanting us to hold your hand and letting you be a big girl, to wanting us to hold you. If we go somewhere, and I try to carry you through the parking lot, you want to be put down and walk yourself.
Same with our flight of death staircase. You LOVE to hold our hand and try to walk down the stairs. Even though you cannot do it. We are STILL trying to get you to go down on your belly, or sit and do one stair at a time. But you will not budge. You will go down those stairs like a big kid.
You LOVE to give hugs and kisses. I love how sweet you are. You also are showing a temper though! Sometimes when you are VERY tired or hungry, or just mad at brother, you have been known to try to smack anyone of us.
I found it hilarious one time, when big brother tried to take a toy you had in your hand, and you screamed "NO!" and immediately whacked him. (It wasn't enough to actually hurt him.) Then mommy had to intervene, give Callie the toy back, and redirect big brother to something else. But, I can see, you will not be bullied around.
You are getting your last teeth in (until the 2 year molars.) The canines. And they have made you a little fussy here lately, your nose is constantly runny right now as well. Hopefully they break through soon.
You are still not a big car rider, but you are getting better. Most of the time, you fuss because you want to take your shoes off. Once we get your shoes off, you are fine. All in all, you are an amazing addition to our family, and we love you lots!
20 April 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



She's so cute! They grow up way too fast!
ReplyDelete