01 April 2013

Perfectly imperfect.

I love that I'm starting off this post with a very accurate description of myself.

I'm NOT perfect. I have flaws, weaknesses, make mistakes. Can be guilty of judging too harshly. I have a hard time curbing my list of haves. I can be rude.

I have SO many imperfections.

But I'm me. And I have wonderful qualities and quirks that make me, well, me.

I'm a good listener, I try to be kind, when I love, I love hard. I'm devoted. I like to be excessive when it comes to spoiling my loved ones, in either affection or actual items.

I'm just me. No better, no worse, than any other person out there.

I have to remind myself that, every so often.

So as I sit here drinking out of my coffee mug that is imperfectly beautiful. I get it. Even if it's only just for today.

As the awesome Dr. Suess says:

"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you."

Thanks Dr. Suess for making it deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.