29 November 2013

Thankful!

Gearing up for our big move, and I'm nervous, excited, and slightly sad.

Last time we moved it was September 2011. Wilson was a little toddler, and Callie was cooking away in my uterus. In the past two years, we had a lot of wonderful memories made. Said goodbye to friends, missed family back home, watched our babies grow, and made new friends. 

While I try to always remind myself of all I have to be thankful for, I don't mind having a day to specifically remind myself what I am thankful for, even if that day is mired in some pretty crazy history. (Seriously, those pilgrims weren't as nice as I thought.) 

For a lot of us, we all have special memories that come with Thanksgiving, memories of being children, surrounded by family, or if you are like me, and grew up an Army brat, a special time, most of the time, to be with my father, mother, and brother.

I will say, that one of the Thanksgiving I can remember the most, is sadly, one in which my dad was not there. He was deployed to Somalia, and missed Halloween, my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years. As a child, I remember feeling sad that he wasn't there to help do all the things he normally would. As an adult, I feel sad for my father, thinking of how he must've missed us. How we didn't have things like email and skype and facebook to keep in touch. And I'm once again reminded how thankful I am to be living in an age with (sometimes over-saturation) technology.





Unfortunately, even with all this technology, I still haven't figured out how to take a decent picture with my kids and my husband! So here is one of our attempts at a picture of me and my two children who I am thankful for! Even when they drive me completely bananas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.