20 November 2009

So excited!

By my post you might think it has something to do with baby Kirk, but suprisingly it does not!
Andy and I live in a 2 bedroom apartment and when we first moved in together we did not have much furniture. Andy had lived at home so he literally had nothing to bring. We had lots of little things but no where to store it. Well that second bedroom kind of turned into what we called our "Junk" room.
It was embarrassingly packed with tons of junk. Anytime we had guests over we would close the door and hope that no one accidentaly walk into it. My dad would lovingly scold me about how that room needed to be cleaned up. (He lovingly scolds me to clean my whole house all the time by the way.)
So finally after a year of living in the apartment I decided to take some initiative and get it at least some what organized. Andy's mom offered to help and so we tackled trying to get stuff out of the closet to make room for stuff to put in the closet. The room is finally cleaned out!
The most exciting thing though is this:
One of the biggest things we are having a problem with our storage is all our books taking up closet space. So Andy and I compromised and we bought 2 of these bookshelfs! I am so excited to get them and put some of our stuff into it. I feel like I'm slowly finally becoming a real adult with matching furniture! Well its slowly coming together that is. My original plan is to put both bookcases on each end with the tv stand in the middle but with the layout of our apartment and our couches, I dont think that will be possible with out some serious moving everything around.
Eventually thats how I would like it to look but I'll take it as it is now.
I can't wait to get them on Monday! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.