16 July 2010

Never thought this day would come.

But I officially feel like an old person. Okay not the aches and pains, or bad vision (which I already have) but in the fact that Andy and I finally updated our cell phone plan and bought new phones.

So it's not the actual latest and greatest apparently a new model which my brother picked up yesterday, but it's the Motorola Droid.


I went into the verizon store with my brother on Wednesday to update our plan and to look into new phones.

Andy had a really outdated phone and I had a Blackberry Curve. I wasn't interested in spending a ton of money on new phones for us but I didn't want us to keep our old phones because well they were old!

So being the cheapskate I am I asked them which phones were the buy one get one free deals.

They had all the blackberries bogo and then she told me they had the droid bogo. I immediately was like lets check it out.

Two of my coworkers both got droids and one of them let me play around with it and I was immediately impressed with it.

So I called Andy and asked him. I kind of assumed that he wouldn't want something so new since he's been used to his flip phone for years now. But he suprised me by giving me the go ahead.

so I got 2 new droids with covers and screen protecters and car charger for 350.00. Okay so that's how much I paid in store but I get 2 100.00 rebates in the mail (which I've already mailed out)
So in the end I really spent 150.00 for 2 brand new phones which means I spent 75.00 on a phone that really costs around 150.00

With getting this new phone though I am overwhelmed with all the new technology! So many things I don't know how to do! I don't really like touch screen and have a hard time texting on it but there is also a keyboard too.

So far I love all the different applications on it. I just downloaded the Kindle app and bought free books and have been reading a little.

Apparently the google maps app on the droid is really great too! I can't wait to test it out.

Still though there is so much for me to learn with this phone. Phew! And on top of that Wilson does occasionally want attention haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.