27 July 2010

New Car!



So for a while now Andy and I have been getting by with just one car. I sold my old Ford Contour to my dad and Andy and I carpooled to work. Not really a big deal but I missed being able to run errands whenever I wanted. Mostly it wasn't a big deal because before Wilson that was really easy. I could go anytime day or night!

With Wilson and being on maternity leave and not having a car has made it well a little harder. Every where we have gone has kind of been a team effort of getting everything loaded in a 2 door car. UGH! Lemme tell you those car seats are not fun to constantly take out and in and even worse with a small 2 door car!

With me getting ready to come back to work in less than 2 weeks, we really had to decide about getting another car for me. With Wilson in the picture everything is going to have to be different! We have to figure out schedules and who can watch him when and with all that another car was going to be a must.

I had been badgering Andy for a LONG while now about either getting another car or trading his in for something more bigger or at least with 4 doors.

So after looking around a little bit Andy got a hold of a salesman named Dale from Stoops who he bought his first car from on Saturday

It was almost serendipitous how Andy called and talked to him and Dale just happened to get the car we bought sometime that past week.

It is a 2007 ford focus hatchback with less than 8400 miles on it! Thats right a car that's been out for maybe 3-4 years and has less than 10,000 miles on it! Practically brand new!

Well the back story with it is that it belonged to a Grandma who passed on and money was still owed on it so the family member who inherited it didn't want it.

I can't believe we found a car with pretty much everything we wanted! We wanted a 4 door car that was good on gas and low miles and for the price we got we feel very lucky!

The only thing missing was the car did not have cruise control but guess what? We got the cruise control installed the car and basically negotiated to get it for free! It wouldn't have been that expensive to get it installed but the fact that we were able to get it included was just icing on the cake!

I haven't gotten to drive it around that much yet but I can't wait to blog more about it. Hopefully good things! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.