Last May, I was impaitently waiting for a little boy to make his arrival. I had hoped and hoped I would go into labor early and not be overdue. But Wilson was not ready to make his entrance into the world yet and so I had to wait to celebrate my first Mother's Day.
Now here I am a year later, and it's sooooo bittersweet! My first Mother's Day means that my son is almost a year old! That my baby is no longer a baby!
To start off my mothers day, Andy woke up with Wilson and went and got me breakfast from IHOP, because he is still a novice cook and I wanted sausage gravy and biscuits. My sleeping in only last an extra hour though, I am too used to waking up around 6am to sleep in that much anymore.
Then he gave me my gift which I previously blogged about how much I wanted. I love love love my new bag! It's roomy and big but not so big. Okay well I have had other big bags but they just don't have all the extra pockets that mommies need! I'm pretty sure when I have 2 babies there will be more than enough room for both their stuff in there!
Then I got to relax and Wilson and Daddy played all day which was nice. Normally when both of us are home, Wilson wants our attention! Funny when it's just me at home, he's more content to get into everything and play by himself. Like right now, while I type this he is sitting in the cabinet pulling out all my bakeware.
Then Andy and I went over to our good friends, The Stewarts, and I cannot believe it but they bought me a Kindle for mothers day!!!
I'm just in awe that I have a Kindle now and that my friends bought it for me! We then ate a delicious dinner and watched Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World which is now Andy's favorite movie. I think he only likes it so much because it had crazy amounts of sound effects, and not just any sound effects but video game sound effects.
So now my first mother's day is over, and Andy puts Wilson to bed. Which I kind of wanted to do. I love those moments right before bed, just snuggling my little man, and rocking him in the dark. I normally do it every other night anyways so I was okay with letting him do it, I mean it was still Mother's day!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.