20 May 2011

One Year Old!






My dear son,
365 days have gone by. Technically, I'm still in labor with you right now as we speak. I'm beyond tired, in pain, and terribly excited to meet you. All those months of wondering what you were going to be like, who you were going to look like, is soon about to be answered.

My first thoughts of you entering this world will always be of how white you were! You had the cord wrapped around your neck and you were just SOOO white! The funny thing is in our first pictures of you, you actually don't look as white as I see you in my mind. You pinked up immediately, and as they laid you on my chest, I remember telling you hi and welcome to the world. You were crying but once I started talking to you, you calmed down and got quiet, and I started to talk to you more. I introduced myself to you as your mommy and I was so happy to finally meet you.

Then as quickly as you were put on my chest you were taken off to get cleaned up and get your stats checked. You started crying again and daddy followed you and started talking to you and you got quiet again.

It seems so crazy how fast your first year flew by. How you went from so little to so big! How your dark hair started to turn light. How you looked a lot like mommy! How content you were to just be held and rocked. How mad you get when you have to do something you don't like, like tummy time. How you decided you wouldn't start crawling until you had the perfect form. How you furiously protest if we eat anything in front of you and don't share. How you love to climb up the stairs.

Last night was the last night you would be under one. I hugged and kissed you and wished I could go back in time, I have my memories, but it is so true that those moments came and went by too fast.

Now, we are at a new chapter in your life. I can't wait to see where you go from here, my sweet baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.