26 December 2011

Christmastime



Well that time of year has come and gone. Last year our christmas was incomplete. Andy had left for basic training on the 13th and missed Wilson's first Christmas.

Look at baby Wilson. With Callie now here, I still can't believe my Wilson is a big boy, and that our baby days with him are gone. *SNIFF SNIFF*







We got to spend our Christmas with our family complete, but far away from our family back home. It was a bittersweet feeling. Those types of Christmases are the only I've ever known. I always grew up far from my family, and now I see that's how my kids will be.

Since they are still babies, I don't have to worry about doing too many things, set up a tree, stick a few presents under there and VOILA! Christmas is done. But in the not so distant future, I'm going to have to start putting more effort into Christmas so that it's as special for them, even if our family is far away.



First on my list is tracking down a cd or copy of the Disney Christmas Songs I myself used to listen to every Christmas. I want to continue that with my babies.
Baking Christmas cookies together. (I didn't do that this year) My favorite: Jam Kolaches
Donating something to a less fortunate child/family. I want to show my kids that Christmas is also about giving. 
Having a yummy Christmas Dinner with fancy china. I loved feeling all elegant drinking my punch from a glass flute when I was a kid.
Watching Christmas movies together and reading a Christmas story together.
I want to get or make an ornanment with both the kids names on it as their "special ornament" that they can put wherever they pick on the Christmas tree.
I'm thinking of letting them open a present on Christmas Eve which will have special Christmas Pajamas that they will wear that night. But I don't know about that one. That kind of depends.

So many things I want to do with my family that I can't wait to do! But really I can because I'm already seeing how fast these babies grow!







1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you all got to be together for Christmas this year.. but being away from family (your parents) is really hard too. It's been 3 years since I've been back 'home' for Christmas:(

    I can't wait until next Christmas.. hopefully Clara will kind of 'know' what's going on. All she wanted to do this year was eat the wrapping paper ;) Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.