Life with two under two has rocked my world. I get to juggle having an almost 20 month old and his tantrums and an almost not so newborn baby. Somedays it's easy, and some days I think I may go crazy!
The weather here has been fluctuating like crazy too. One day it's in the 70s and the next in the 40s and raining.
Wilson is such an active little boy and I hate having him cooped in the house but sometimes it's SO much easier not taking him outside to play.
The last time I took him and Callie, we got out the double stroller and took a walk to the mailbox and then I decided to let him out and let him play at the park. He had a grand ol time until I decided it was time to go home.
Silly me for thinking that would go over easy. Instead I was wrestling a toddler who was kicking, screaming, crying, and twisting himself out of my arms. Oh joy.
Then even though I managed to get us home, he was still mad and as soon as I set him down, laid on the ground and continued on his tantrum for another 5 minutes.
I've been trying distraction, but that doesn't seem to work well with his personality. He seems to get more angry if I try to distract him with things he normally likes: book, toy, food sometimes does work though.
Breastfeeding is going. I don't think I'll ever feel like I am getting the hang of it. I constantly worry that she's not getting enough. Every time I make a bottle instead of breastfeed I think "Well there goes my supply." I am enjoying doing what I can though and that's huge compared to my attempts at breastfeeding with Wilson. I'm doing it all how I want to and I'm at peace with whatever she gets for however long she gets it for. A very nice friend has given me an extra pump that she wasn't using and I've been getting extra milk in from that. Not enough to build a stash and freeze but instead of making a bottle of formula, I'll have a bottle of actual breastmilk instead. But seriously, something about the pump just makes you feel like a moo cow.
Anyhoo in all my rumblings I forgot to mention sleep. And that's because I don't remember what sleep is. I thought it was bad when I was largely pregnant and tossing and turning, but nope this is worse.
Thankfully Wilson is super easy to get to bed. Turn on music and nightlight and leave room. Simple as that.
But once I get him to bed, instead of sleep I now get adult time to myself.
Then when I finally am ready for sleep, guess who is awake and ready to eat and or fussy? That would be baby#2.
So then if I'm lucky, I finally fall asleep anywhere from 10pm-2am. Then I get woken up again pretty much 4 hours later to feed and change her. Then I get like maybe 2 hours if I'm lucky before its 7am and Wilson wakes up.
I could have it worse though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It seems like it will never end but there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
ReplyDelete