20 March 2011

Our new Washer and Dryer.

Well we did it. After my extensive research, Andy, Wilson and I took a trip to Lowe's and bought our washer and dryer.

I had posted a facebook status about it and got lots of good advice.

I seriously debated buying used from Craigslist, but here's the thing about craigslist: unless you live in a big city that means more inventory, you are literally looking for a needle in a haystack!

Heck, half the time I've bought stuff on craigslist, I had to drive an hour to Indianapolis because that's where all the good stuff was.

After looking at craigslist for a week, I decided that going that route would not be best for me.

I also have to say that the price of one washer and dryer, that I even considered wasn't a good enough deal to buy right off the guy, and it's Murphy's Law that once I would've bought it something on it would break.

So with that said, I ended up looking around online to see if any stores that sold washers and dryers had any sales going on.

Well Lowe's right now had all their appliances 10% off, and their Energy Star products on sale for 15%.

I checked out their inventory online, and then after discussing it with Andy, we headed out to our nearest one and checked what they had in stock.

We ended up going with a set that is probably in the middle.

The Washer:



and the Dryer:




On top of the 15% off that it was already on sale from, we got an extra 10% off from Andy being in the military!

And with that as well, we get free delivery and installation.

I get to go to the house tomorrow and watch them install our washer and dryer and essentially play around with my new washer and dryer.

I now have to educate myself on HE stuff and how to properly use them!

I will be sure to properly review them, once I've tested them out!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! It will be so nice for you to have your own laundry facility in your home. Really looking forward to following your journey. Aunt Lynn

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.