Callie is now 2 months old... And a couple days but two whole months! I constantly try to remember if Wilson did the same things at the same time. She is now smiling and tries to talk when I talk to her. Or at least I think she is trying to talk back to me. Unfortunately we don't go to the Ped until the 15th. Which is the day after Valentine's day.
I can't wait to see how much she has gained, how big she is getting, and to discuss her bowel movements. I'm a little worried about it to be honest.
She is 80% breastfed with maybe one or two feedings that may be formula or pumped milk a day. The worry I seem to have is she does not poop all that much. She hasn't pooped all that much ever since she came home and passed all the meconium out.
She is very gassy all the time but it doesn't cause her discomfort for the most part. She goes between 2-3 days before she finally passes a stool and it's a light greenish to pea green color with the little cottage cheeses in it. It's almost like a pudding consistency so at least I know she's not constipated.
But since she has so much gas I worry that maybe she has digestive issues?
I'm pretty sure Wilson was pooping like every day if not multiple times a day and she is not.
I looked up on the internet and it said that it was normal for breastfed babies to not pass stool as much? But then I go to another link that says she should be pooping after every feeding?
So I'm just very confused in general.
Honestly, my mommy esp is kinda going off about it. It seems normal but is it? I love how this whole blog post has turned into about Callie's poop.
03 February 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

From a breastfeeding momma of two: sounds pretty normal. My babies would go 2-3 days between poops. Some days they would be poop-machines and other times it would be a couple days. Mason once went 6 days! I freaked, but was calmed down and told not to worry about it. Since she's mostly breastfed her poop will be a lot different than a formula fed or mostly formula fed baby. Espeicially since she isn't fussy and doesn't seem to be uncomfortable or in pain- I wouldn't worry about it. She is so cute and I LOVE that pink bG on her! ADORABLE! :D
ReplyDeleteThanks for the info Mackenzie! It's funny how this is all still new to me. And I love her pink bgs too! This one is actually brighter than the picture shows but I love it!
DeleteThat is completely normal! Breast milk gets used up in their system so there's not much left to poop out. You should go to some LaLeche League meetings. They can help with any questions you have. I think it's great you are breast feeding! Keep it up. Violet and I made it to a year and are still going strong.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome to hear Lauren especially since I remember you said you had some issues in the beginning!
Delete