So with friends posting about the unsafeness of co sleeping, why am I posting a picture of it?
It's because I'm selfish. Callie sleeps in her bassinet for 5-6 hours and then wakes up to nurse. Normally this is at 4 or 5 am.
I pick her up and nurse her laying in bed. She'll nurse for 15 minutes and fall asleep right there. I kind of adjust her and try to pull my tank/bra up.
She loves the softness of the boob and of course being snuggled right there.
Since its only a couple hours until Wilson gets up at 7. I let her sleep there. And I love it.
I love hearing her little breaths and grazing her sweet little cheek. I love how she always lays an arm right between my chest. As if she wants to be connected to my heart. Sweet girl, we already are.
I'm selfish because I don't want to put her back in the bassinet. I want her close to me.
We've been cosleeping pretty much from day one. I don't even want her to sleep in her crib and yet I bought one!
At some point it will happen. But for now I want to be selfish and snuggle her more.
28 February 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good for you! Be selfish!!!!! How lucky for you to be able to do that with your little one. She won't be little forever, so you MUST enjoy it now!!
ReplyDelete