19 March 2012

Pinterest you failed me.

Thanks to pinterest, my culinary cuisine has opened up and I've gotten to try some yummy recipes.





I've made some delicious pulled pork,

Some amazing italian crockpot chicken,
yummy desserts here and here,


and then, for dinner I made this...  

It seemed so easy! I was so happy to find something I could throw in crockpot and forget about. I thought, "Yes, I am a super mom. I got dinner cooking, dishes cleaned, laundry in the works. GO ME."

and then dinner time came around.

I looked at the finished product. It was so watery there was NO way it could be served in a tortilla. I even added a tablespoon of cornstarch to thicken it up.  I quickly cooked up some rice to eat with instead.

It was meh.  Normally I *ADORE* anything that has cream cheese in it. Normally, when I make something with cream cheese in it, it is AMAZING.

But this, this stuff stewing in my crockpot was just ordinary. Nothing about it made me be like "WHOA! Amazing! Pinterest, you've done it again!"

This is where you might say "Well Anna, you shouldn't have put all your eggs in one basket and rely on pinterest for dinner ideas."

And to that I say, "You shut your face."

to quote an awesome movie, Anchorman.

"60% of the time, it works every time."

And so that is my story today. Sometimes you pin something that you think is going to be amazing and make your tongue and stomach so happy, but instead, makes you wish you had ordered some Domino's pizza. (Which is the only food place that delivers to where we live. UGH)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.