19 August 2012

Traveling with 2 pt.1

So, I didn't get to take a lot of pictures on our trip. In fact I shared most of what I took already in my previous blog post.


First off, I had been slacking on packing before the trip. I'm pretty sure I packed everything the night before we left. I put the babies to bed and began my packing.

I've previously been bad at overpacking. I don't know why I think I need 5 pairs of shoes, and a change of clothes for everyday, and a couple days extra. So this time I made sure to pack lighter.
Plus, I knew I could do laundry at my mom's house.

I only brought my one pair of sandals, no tennis shoes (that might have been a mistake, but I made it out okay) a couple outfits, for both the hubs and I both, and then packed clothes for the munchkins.

I brought along their blankets for comfort, and they aren't really all that big so we could pack them in Andy's carry on.

Here's a big fail story though. I packed what formula I would need for the trip. Packed the rest in the can in the suitcase. *anyone with functioning brain cells can already tell this is a TERRIBLE idea*

So we get everything packed up and get in the car for our 3 hour drive to Dallas.

On our way there, lo and behold, there is a HUGE pile up of traffic. Why? You ask?

Oh, because people are idiots and even though there were plenty of signs saying "Right lane closed. Merge into left lane." Idiot-Jerk drivers kept driving in the right lane. Seriously. ALL THE WAY UP TO THE ACTUAL MERGE.

So we were at stop and go traffic at that point because of people just being idiots. It took us about a half an hour or more to get out of the little jam.

After more muttering under our breaths (stupid Texas drivers)  we made it into Dallas and got settled in our hotel.

We got two double beds and Daddy and Wilson slept in one bed and Callie and I slept in the other.
Neither of us got good sleep. LOL.

Our checkout was at 11 am, and our flight didn't leave until 4:30 pm. So we had 4 hours to kill until our flight actually took off.

So we did a lot of walking around the terminal. BTW, we LOVED using our Brica Roll n' Go Car Seat Transporter 

It was our first time using it, and we hadn't tried to test it out before hand so while we were parked and getting it on there, at first we thought it was hard to put it on but it was more so just us learning how to use the actual contraption.

I will say, I don't think I could've done it by myself though. Unless I had Stinks in a baby harness thing. He loves to run and explore and the minute we set him down on the ground he was gone. This would work great if you have a little one who won't run off on you, though.

So our first flight was a very short one. Just Dallas to Houston. Just barely an hour. That was an easy flight. No problems, happy babies, and people all around are beaming at our angelic children.

We get off and get to our next gate because our connecting flight is pretty close to start boarding. We entertain the munchkins some more.

We realize we have only 1 wipe left in our wipe container. We realize that we need water to make Callie's bottle, that she's ready to eat. We realize that Wilson just had a poop explosion in his diaper.
Oh, and we are getting ready to start boarding....

To be continued..





1 comment:

  1. The joys of traveling with kiddos. When we moved to Italy I was brilliant and didn't bring any extra clothes for Abbie, who was 10minrhs. We landed in Germany and she had a major blow out and we had no extra clothes for her... Fun. Haven't made that mistake since but of course, no blow outs since either. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.