03 August 2012

5QF



1. What is a must in a hotel room?
Definitely a bed! I mean that's what it's all about right? Also a bathroom. A TV would be nice as well. And a phone so you can order food! 


 2. Which Olympic event would you be best at? 
Ummm... none? I'm not very athletic. Maybe curling, only because it seems like a lot of fun! 


 3. What's your stance on the Chick-fil-A subject? 
Oooh, now here's a touchy subject. I personally did not know that Chick-Fil-a was a "Christian" based business. I had no issue with him making his stance (even though I disagree with it), but as the fallout continued, I realized that this is NOT about free speech. This was about how he uses his money made from this business to give donations to organizations* that actively try to block marriage equality for gays, that think that if you are gay, you should be criminalized. Terrible.

It makes me angry to think that so many people went to Chick-fil-a to stand up for chick-fil-a but don't see how doing so, really was a slap in the face to anyone they may know that is gay. I can't imagine being a gay son or daughter or cousin or friend, and see my friends and family posting about how they went to Chick-fil-a that day. My heart breaks for those who had to see that in this day in age. It wasn't about standing up for Chick-Fil-a, it was showing essentially, that we still have a long way to go for EQUALITY FOR ALL, regardless of sex, race, religion, and orientation.

* Also I wanted to add that while I might not know EVERY business I give my money to, stances on Marriage Equality, if I find out that they do not support it, then no I would not continue to give them my business especially ones that fund Hate groups.

 4. One thing you said you'd never do as a parent, but totally have.
 Spank I guess, the terrible twos are really terrible on me, I thought I would have such great patience and wouldn't need to discipline my child in such a way, but there you go. Unfortunately spanking does nothing on a cloth diapered butt. It's more so just trying to get him to stop and listen to me. I guess I win the "Terrible Parent Award."


 5. What's the weirdest thing you've ever found at a yard sale?
A sex swing. Yep, someone was trying to sell one. Creepy. 

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm clearly too sheltered because I had to go look up precisely what a sex swing was. Turns out, pretty much what I expected from the name. ;-) To each his own and all, but that is not the kind of thing I'd put out for all my neighbors to see. Unless I was moving, I guess. But, yeah, a little on the creepy side.

    And I, too, felt bad for all the gay people having to see folks lined up the other day. I had people on my facebook updating from line--people I know good and well have gay friends. That was sad.

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't find out about CFA supporting those organizations until today, and I guess I'm a little skeptical about thinking that there is actually an organization trying to criminalize gays. If it actually is all true, then I agree with you, but I think many people didn't know it was about that and were more supporting freedom of speech. I can't believe a christian organization would actually try to do what they're being accused of and I wonder how much of it is being blown out of proportion.

    And I agree with the terrible 2's (3's in our case - they started out worse than the 2's). Ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2010/februaryweb-only/15-51.0.html

      Here is an article of two of the organizations who are behind this "criminalizing homosexuality" stance.

      And sadly, yes Chick Fil a has donated money to these organizations.

      And you are very right Monica, there were a lot of people out there who weren't saying they "hate gays" and were just trying to give a big *PFFFFT* to the Government.

      If you have the time you can read this:
      http://matthewpaulturner.net/blog/5-reasons-why-the-church-failed-yesterday/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MatthewPaulTurner+%28MATTHEW+PAUL+TURNER+%E2%9C%AA%29

      I wish more people could have read this and really thought about it before they decided to go out on Wednesday.

      Delete

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.