03 January 2010

Our first official purchase!


So for weeks now I have been scouring the web. Trying to pick out a crib that would fit us best. Reading reviews, comparing prices, looking at tons of different websites. All in all, a very tiring and time consuming effort.

Well today after another session of web surfing I finally picked the crib and consulted with Andy and we decided to purchase it!

I was on the fence about whether or not I wanted a drop side or non drop side crib, a convertible or non convertible crib. But I think I got exactly what I wanted.

Something simple and modern but classic looking at the same time. I decided I didn't want to do the drop side crib because the longer I can have Wilson in the crib the better for us and our sanity! LOL

It is a convertible though so that is nice and if Wilson starts becoming a wild boy and climbing out of his crib all the time I guess that's when I'll finally convert it into a toddler bed.

I was reluctant to buy a convertible crib because from most I saw I would have to buy conversion rails for some of them. Which was extra money I did not want to spend on.

This crib will convert to the toddler bed and no rails needed. It will then convert to a full size headboard where I would have to buy a full size bed frame. But I would have to buy that anyways and I can buy it for a lot cheaper than the conversion rails that some cribs sell. I saw one selling their full size conversion rails for almost 120.00 dollars!

I'm not sure that once Wilson is big enough to use the full size bed we will let him though. Of course by the time we start having other children we might like the crib so much we might just use it for baby number 2 or 3.

I guess time will tell about that. But anyways we got the crib and mattress for free shipping and only spend 281.00! I'm very happy about the price and the fact that this is for the crib AND mattress. We should be getting the crib and mattress in a week. I can't wait to see it in person and see how hard it's going to be trying to match the color wood with other furniture.

That looks to be the only problem I have with the crib it came in either dark walnut which is what I picked and Cappucino which is like a lighter wood color? I have no idea. It looks like its not red like cherry but not dark like Espresso furniture is.

Once I see it in person though I'll be able to figure out what color of the rest of the furniture I will need to get. I'm only planning on getting a changing table and a decent size dresser though but it looks like I will have to really look around hard for those. Fun times shopping for Wilson!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.