So most of you who are friends and family know that Andy has now left for basic training with the Air Force. He left Monday at 5pm and I last had contact with him last night when he called to tell me his address.
It's been over 2 days since Wilson and I got to actually see and hug our Andy. It's hard but I have a great support system. I know it's not going to be forever and that this in the long run is going to hopefully be a wonderful thing for our family.
I think I'm mostly just sad that Andy is going to be missing 2 months of Wilson's life if not more. We've already seen how fast our baby is growing and I just know he's going to grow so much more!
I'm so lucky to live in an age like now where I can easily document and record everything though. Even though Andy won't get to be here at some point he will be able to look at pictures and see videos of Wilson literally growing before his eyes.
I guess I'm still not quite freaked out because I grew up in an Army home and I got to see what it's like to miss someone for long amounts of time.
A lot of people, myself even included now, have said "Oh I could never be away from my family for so long." or something to that effect and I DO get it. I lived it!
I grew up away from a lot of my extended family and am not very close with them. Which is okay. I cherish the times I got to spend with any of my family and now very much cherish the memories I have of my now deceased Grandparents.
It's going to be a challenge in so many ways for us. As a husband and wife, as parents, as son and daughter, and all other sorts of ways.
I know I'm strong enough to handle all this. But it is a very bittersweet feeling for sure. I have loved getting to have Wilson around his family. In our very near future we won't be able to see our loved ones as much as we like, but if I've learned anything about life it is to treasure the moments you create and share with the ones you love.
15 December 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.