09 June 2012

I have set myself up.

No really I have, instead of working on trying to get Callie to sleep in her crib, I instead opt to do whatever is laziest/easiest.

When my husband was working Mids shift, this was so easy! Callie and I would get the bed all to ourselves.

I'd nurse her until she fell asleep and then roll over to Andy's side of the bed and sleep there.

Now, Andy's back on Days, and we have to share the bed again, and I CANNOT co-sleep with her that close to me. Heck, I'm trying to get used to having the share the bed again in general, let alone share it with my husband AND my baby.

We had been using the Fisher Price Rock N Play Sleeper, which I loved! But now at 6 months, my little one has a bit more movement and ends up looking uncomfortable as she sleeps.

I am at a dilemma though. I'm thinking she and I are going to have to move into her room and I'm going to have to start working on getting her to sleep in her crib somehow. I'm thinking, I nurse her until she falls asleep and then put her in her crib.

We have a guest bed in there so I can sleep there. Last night was a rough night, I made it to her room but didn't put her in her crib.

This is so different than with Wilson. Thanks to SwaddleMe we were sleeping through the night like 3 months ago. We figured out his routine easily. Just swaddle him,  rock him for about 5 minutes and then lay him in bed. I didn't start actually laying him in bed awake until closer to 1 year old.

Callie already though sleeps less than Wilson does. She takes after her dad for sure, who was not a good sleeper, and still isn't really. Wilson takes after me, and gets cranky if he doesn't get his sleep, or nap.

Oh man, I hope I can fix this somehow...

1 comment:

  1. I kinda had a similar problem with Mr. C right around 5 months (he grew out of the cosleeper). He moved around entirely, too much when he slept and would wake all of us up. I had a drop side crib (I know there bad bad bad now :P) for him so I butted that up against our bed with the side down and mattress was low enough that the railing kept him from rolling into our bed. I would hold his hand still be able to semi cuddle him until he fell asleep. It worked really well for him, and he was able to be moved to his own room about a month later. Maybe something like that would work for Miss Callie? Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.