30 June 2012

I may pay for it later...

I love that Callie is sleeping in her own crib all through the night.

I was worried that it may not happen since we were cosleeping and breastfeeding.

I kept hearing stories of kids who kept sleeping with the parents, or kept getting up all the time, and thought for sure that would be me.

I have to say though, since switching to formula, we have been able to get her on a much better schedule.

Before I was constantly nursing and she wouldn't nap long, wake up hungry and be tired, fall asleep while nursing, and then at night wake up at least 3-4 times at night.

Now she still doesn't nap quite as much in the day like Wilson did, she gets a good 1-2 hour nap around the same time Wilson goes down.

My body though has gotten so conditioned to waking up multiple times at night, is making me wake up to nothing.

I can't just put Callie right in her crib though, I've found out.

We will give her her last feeding for the night, let her play for a bit, then take her upstairs, if it's bath night she takes her bath, gets into her sleeper.

And then we cuddle for 5-15 minutes.
I wait for her to start calming down, then carry her into her room and lay her down, turn on her mobile and try to give her a pacifier.

She always spits it out and sucks on her thumb instead though.

She may fuss for a minute or two but so far it hasn't been all that long! (5 minutes seem so long when your little baby is crying.)

I stayed up entirely too late, I hope I sleep through the night, since my baby girl is finally doing it!

2 comments:

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.