08 August 2010

First day back to work.

So my 12 weeks of maternity leave were up on Friday which was my first day back to work. I can't believe it already has flown by so fast! My baby is 2 and a half months old and growing like a weed and now I have to leave him to make money to afford having him!

Andy and I used to work the same exact schedule so we would commute together and when we only had 1 car it was basically a necessity. Now that I have my car and he has his we could be a little more flexible on when we could work.

Well I talked to my boss and he was willing to work with me somewhat about changing my schedule around. I have a really awesome boss. He's a great, nice, caring guy!

So Friday it wasn't as nerve wracking or as upsetting as I thought I would be. I think it's because I KNEW that there isn't any option. I HAVE to work, that and Andy's parents are going to be watching him so I'm a little at ease because we know, love, and trust them.

I'm more worried for when Wilson acts up because he can really let loose if he isn't happy about something. He is sooo paticular for a 2 month old! Everyone else who has babies are always telling me how easy their babies are and how they hardly ever cry, and I think to myself "Really?! Your baby never cries huh??" I must admit I'm 2 things: Jealous, and not believing it's true.

With Wilson being my first and never being around other babies, I just don't have the experience to say whether or not these parents are really telling the truth or not.

Anyways off topic, sounds like something else I need to blog about. The paint everything roses parents. Who doesn't get annoyed by them? :)

So I go to work earlier now than Andy so he drops him off and I pick him up. I'm so glad I didn't have to drop him off. I know I would've lingered to make sure everything was okay and it would've made me more upset.

Picking him up was so sweet though. I was sooo ready to see him and cuddle with him!
Much to my chagrin though as soon as I got him he was crabby and irritated. I think it had to do with a new schedule. Everything being just a little different for him and he didn't know how to process it.

Hopefully next week we can establish a better schedule for him and he can get more used to it.

I will be waiting for the day I can be a stay at home mom again. I hope it comes soon because I love it. There is nothing more precious than spending that time with your child and watching them grow and learn.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad everything went well for you on your first day back :) That's awesome that Wilson's Grandparents can watch him.

    I think my kid is pretty mellow but he can cry with the best of the them. Maybe parents say that about their babies because their babies haven't started teething yet! Talk about FUSSY!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.