It seemed that right before I went back to work, Wilson was still waking up in the middle of the night at his old feeding time between 3-4am. He wasn't hungry and not even waking up that upset but somehow or another he would wake himself back up.
We were having him fall asleep in his swing and when he was finally asleep move him to his crib. It always seemed as soon as we moved him in his crib he would wake himself up another hour or two later.
I didnt mind it so much because I would wake up go in his crib and snuggle with him in the twin bed that andy's parents brought over for my mom to sleep in when she visited. I of course loved to snuggle with him but at the same time it was interfering with my sleep. I like to snuggle with him but was paranoid about sleeping with him so close to me. So I slept very lightly and very aware of how I moved myself, which of course equals not really restful sleep. Before going back to work this was no big deal because I could just take a nap with Wilson whenever he took one and catch up on my zzzs.
Our swaddlme blankets had really been a lifesaver but at that point he was too long in them. We could still swaddle him in it but if he woke himself up he could easily kick himself loose. I ended up ordering a bigger swaddleme blanket thats supposed to be for 6-12 months.
So once I got the bigger one I started to swaddle him in it once he started showing signs of sleepiness. This is normally around 8pm we actually try hard to keep him up a little longer so feed him just a litte and then I will change him (which always seems to make him mad lol) let him hang out for a bit either watching his mobile or in his chair and then swaddle him and some nights he goes to sleep right away in it. Literally in like 2 minutes.. or sometimes it can take up to 10-15 minutes.
For almost 2 and a half weeks now he has been successfully sleeping through the night anywhere from 9-10pm and waking up at 7-8 am.
This is sooo wonderful for both Andy and I. Of course this means waking up earlier than I had been used to. Both Andy and I are nightowls thanks to our job shift but I always went to sleep earlier.
I'm learning now to either get some things done after he falls asleep or actually get to have some me time! Or well spouse time, just hanging out, getting to watch a movie or talk about how cute our baby is haha.
But I have found if I stay up too late I don't get enough sleep! So with that said! I am off to bed!
18 August 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YAY!!!! I love it when that happens! Great job! That's pretty much Amelia's schedule too. Don't you love it!? Weren't you so worried you'd never get to sleep a full 8 hours ever again?! Well, for you 9 or 10... hehe
ReplyDelete