21 April 2012

Birthday planning begins.

Last year for Wilson's birthday I really wanted to go all out. First birthdays are a big huge event for Koreans and even though I'm only half and my babies only 1/4th, I still want to incorporate some of those things into their lives.

Unfortunately, we had moved and had made some friends but Wilson only had like one actual friend. My brother and his girlfriend did drive down to Indiana so that was really sweet and special. Wilson had some family there to see him!

For his second though, no family coming out. I think it must be Louisiana! I mean who wants to visit here?

But I have made wonderful new mommy friends and Wilson actually has a variety of friends to play with of all ages!

So birthday planning has begun.


I decided on a rock star theme, and am trying to go somewhat frugal but I think the thing about birthday parties is when you plan a theme, you end up spending more than just having a cake and some presents.

And that's okay. I'm sure not every year we will do something extravagant. But maybe we will thanks to pinterest.

I mean it has made it really easy for me to figure out an idea and things I want to do.

I've created a virtual birthday board. It doesn't have a lot of pins on it. But I did end up buying the blue printable pack. It has a lot of things. A banner, pictures, cupcake toppers, invitations, etc. And I got this digital package for 9.50 on etsy.

I haven't taken it to go print them off but I'm curious to see how much it will cost. Will it end up being cheaper than buying already made party stuff? I'll blog about that afterwards I guess.

I'm super excited about doing something crafty though. I'll be making Microphone cupcakes for the party.



But I plan on using chocolate frosting and chocolate sprinkles rather than the black because I don't want all the kids to have creepy black mouths. (From the dye I think) And.. I will probably be lazy and omit the licorice. (Boy I'm lazy!) But yuck I hate licorice and I think even without the wire you can still tell it's a microphone.

I can't wait to have everything all planned out. I plan on going today and getting things printed like the invitations.




3 comments:

  1. If I were making the cupcakes, I would omit the licorice too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinterest is so fun for getting birthday ideas! I love the rockstar theme! I can't wait to see photos of the actual party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's going to be a fun party. I bet wilson and his buddies will have a blast rockin' out!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.