27 April 2012

Callie at 4 months

On the 25th we finally got Callie in for her 4 month wellness visit.

Her stats are:
14 lb 9 oz
25 inches
42.5 cm circumference

I was hoping for a little more weight but she is actually in the 50th percentile for weight and 55th for height. She's 75th for head.
Wilson weighed more and was bigger than her at 4 months but was lower on the growth scale.

I plan on introducing cereal to her this weekend as I can tell she is interested in food and always seems hungry. I'm literally nursing every hour it seems. And she wakes up multiple times in the night.
I'm ready for sleep and for a less fussy baby, but I also want to keep trying to breastfeed as long as I can.
She's not exclusively breastfed by any means. She has gotten formula, but so far 90% of her eating is breastmilk. So I've made it almost 5 months now and it is a lot of work! We might do a switch at 6 months to formula and foods because I need a less fussy baby. Some of it of course may be her personality but poor Wilson gets neglected because I'm nursing Callie around the clock. He does a lot of playing by himself more than he should. And I feel guilty for that. Hopefully I can figure out something so that I can get a break and get to play with Wilson more.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job with her ! What a wonderful mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clara is almost 11 months and is only 16 pounds.. I think at 4 months she was 10 pounds.. she wasn't on the charts for the longest time, and even now she's in the 5th percentile.

    That's so awesome that you're still breastfeeding! And she's such a cutie patootie ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.