02 April 2012

Military Ball!

So Andy has been in the Air Force for over a year now.  He was in Tech School for 9 months and we moved down and lived with him for I think 8 of those months. In that year there have been a couple formal occasions we could've attended.
We chose not to while in tech school because 1. I was pregnant and 2. We didn't think we should spend the money.

Now things are finally settled, (financially), I'm no longer pregnant. ANNNNNDDD in 2 weeks we will be going to the Military Ball of the Ark-La-Tex.

Normally, these events are very expensive. We have saved a bit of money though by having Andy wear Semi-Formal instead of spending the 400+ dollars on a Mess Dress. Instead he will be buying the white undershirt and tie.

We also saved by getting our good friends to watch our babies for the evening. Instead of paying a babysitter, we've swapped babysitting and it's really a win/win situation because our friend's little boy loves to play with Wilson and vice versa!

We also saved money that instead of buying a dress, I borrowed one from my friend.

I had found a really pretty dress on Amazon.com that I would've loved to wear. But my friend told me she had a dress similar except that it was strapless.


It looks very similar to this dress except instead of rhinestones all along the bust. I have a small jeweled rhinestone cluster in the center of the bust.

Okay so I've tried it on. I fit it. Kinda.... I asked my husband and my friend who lent me the dress their opinions. Both of them said I look cute in it.

But I feel... over exposed? In the chest area that is. Normally... nowadays I don't wear too many revealing clothes in that area.

Back in my younger, more perkier days yes, but now not so much.

I'm definitely not as skinny as the model as shown. But for free, it'll work right?

Here's a couple things I'm nervous about:

How to fit a pump in my purse so I can manually express if the girls start getting overfilled.

If I spring a leak..... EEP.

A wardrobe malfunction.

Here are a couple things I'm super excited about though:

Our first formal together.

Getting all dressed up and having an adults night out!

Feeling sexy!

Whoo hoo!! I'm debating on either dieting or trying to work out. But I'm always hungry so dieting seems out, and I'm extremely lazy when it comes to "exercise." My idea of exercising is reading articles on it.

I think though, I'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.