21 July 2012

It's your weekend, my Monday.

The hubs works shift work and I am so happy he's on day shift although I know it'll change soon. Maybe next month or the month after, who knows?

So yesterday was our last day off before work.

I let hubs sleep in and baby wrangled. Callie passed out in the jumper and Wilson eating his yogurt.

Presh.

But this morning little miss wakes up a whole hour earlier. No point in sleeping but I'm far to tired to get up and do anything yet. Yawn.

So blog on my phone it is!

We have been having issues with Wilson and his playing, especially playing with friends.

He will try to take the toys others are playing with. Sometimes if he can't get them away, he then tries to hit.

We remove him, tell him it's okay to let others play with the toys, if he actually hits, he goes up in his bed for timeout.

This two year old stage is so hard! The constant repetition drives me crazy.
Andy handles it better than me, but I'm also the one home all day with him.

I think for the most part he is in a normal stage, except for the fact that he isn't talking well. He didn't qualify for early steps because he was only delayed in the verbal communication.

I've been trying to give him choices when it comes to snacks, where he wants to sit, to try to get him to verbalize what he wants.

He is liking the choices but I haven't seen an increase in the verbalizing yet. He is starting to say a couple more words though.
So I am hopeful that this is just something that is taking his little stubborn brain longer to process with.

I may get him re-evaluated again to see if at that point he would qualify for speech therapy. But I have to wait 90 days. Which by now it's probably only been half that.

He seems bright, I don't think it's a hearing issue, he passed an autism screening, he jabbers constantly.

I'm just waiting for it all to make sense to him.

Callie is growing fast as well. Rolling all over the place and sitting up unassisted. She will still sometimes fall over, but for the most part can sit up.

She LOVES her bouncer. She falls asleep in it, bounces in it, really interacts with all the toys on it. Besides watching her brother or any kid, the bouncer is one of her favorites.

She does have a little more separation anxiety, sometimes when she gets tired, she will fuss. And if I walk out of her eyeline? Oh man, she gets so angry!

Just the other day Wilson and hubs were in the living room with her, she was getting fussy, but Andy was trying to soothe her, so I walk out to the kitchen, two seconds later she is literally howling.

Andy comes in the kitchen and she immediately calms down.

Does this mean I have a momma's girl? ;)

Either way, today is my Monday. I can't wait to see what my little ones will be up to today!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sharing is hard!! Lol Rowen is four and still has sharing issues. Not nearly as bad as it used to be. He whines "but I want it!" lol I would just suggest to make a huge deal when he does share. Let him know it's a good thing and mommy notices he's being a good boy. Positive support goes a long way! But you already know that :)

    Callie is too friggin cute with all that hair!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.