30 October 2012

Battling the Ickies.

I feel like I need to blog about this, so I won't ever forget the weekend where there was more poop and vomit, than I have ever experienced in my 28-soon to be 29 years of life. (This is even including the back in the day, drink yourself into a blackout days.)

That at least only involved one person. Myself.

I'm pretty sure there is some sick bug/flu going around. Some of my friends have already battled it, and we all know children are the carriers of all diseases. (Forget rats) So yeah, I think it started Wednesday? Or Thursday? I think Thursday. Andy came home from work on 24 hour quarters.

He's been feeling terrible all morning and on the toilet NON STOP.

At some point, I was like, "There can't possibly be any more."

Then Wilson started showing the signs. LEAKS EVERYWHERE. OH EM GEE.

At some point, Andy finally had exhausted himself and went upstairs to sleep.

I'm downstairs with the babies. Wilson throws up everywhere in the living room. He's covered in vomit. My carpet is orange. Callie is like, "Oh look something to play with!" And starts doing her army crawl over to the mess.

I grab both of them and head upstairs. My hands and arms are covered in puke. I'm trying not to gag. Because really, when there is throw up involved it just makes you want to throw up too.

Friday, we take Wilson to the Urgent Care. We wait for freaking like 3 hours. It was terrible. And they literally did nothing, so it was a HUGE waste of time.

Saturday, I start to feel icky too. Andy's feeling a little better and lets me try to rest. Callie seems okay.  I start to feel better later that evening. (Go awesome immune system. Thanks, Mom for giving me formula.)

Sunday, we were going to attempt to go to a farm and do some fun stuff but that very morning, Wilson starts puking again. Luckily, he was close to the kitchen so it was a little easier to clean up.

Monday, Andy is better goes back to work. We are all okay, except for Wilson, who is still having the bad poops.

Today, Bad poops from HELL. Like just nonstop diaper changes.

We actually bought a box of diapers because I was so tired of cloth diapering. Plus, Wilson was having MEGA explosions with them.

Normally, I would enjoy the whole no cloth diapers= no laundry bit. Except that I have been changing these diapers like crazy.

I'm pretty sure I changed 9 diapers in 3 hours one morning. On one child.  (Callie has been for the most part fine. She had a couple blowouts herself.)

 So yeah. It was a terrible 4 days. Even though I got a touch of it. It was more so terrible having to be the parent and do so much of the cleaning and care taking.

I can only hope this evilness, never happens again. The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.