21 October 2011

Girls vs. Boys

Last night Andy and I were laying in bed trying to fall asleep, and of course Callie was keeping me up. Hiccups and karate moves when you are trying to get to sleep is not easy, but it is pretty cute! So we got to talking about how we are going to have a daughter, and how much different it is going to be.

All we could come up with is that we just need to remember to wipe front to back. I mean how much more different is she going to be compared to Wilson?

He is a fun loving little guy who loves to play, and when the mood strikes, give cuddles and kisses.
Although Andy is a little upset that Wilson is more willing to give me kisses than him. Which I also find funny because Wilson wants sooo much more of Andy's attention than mine.


But as far as boy vs. girl when they are babies aren't they all pretty much the same? Feed them, change them, bathe them, comfort and snuggle with them.

Does the difference start happening when they are actual little people? Talking and walking?

Besides the whole sex factor, EVERY baby is different! Already Callie is different than Wilson as far as this pregnancy goes. She is far more active than Wilson ever was.

I can't wait to see what life is going to be like with another baby in my life. Plus I'm just ready to not be pregnant anymore. This last month is sooo exhausting! I feel like a big moo cow and the littlest things make me tired.

But at the same time I'm looking at Wilson and wondering how much this is going to change his world. I love love love my baby boy and really he still is a baby to me even if he is only 17 months old.





I wonder if he will feel jealous at all? Is he too young to understand? Will he like having a little sister? I think this weekend we are going to finally get his hair cut even though it will be more like a trim. Little guy doesn't have THAT much hair but it's longish in the back.

I'll be sure to post some pictures or a video of that.






2 comments:

  1. I'm wondering the same thing, except I have a girl and am pregnant with a boy due in December. A boy is completely foreign territory to me. Dealing with spraying pee and circumcision is what has me a little worried. Plus my daughter was a VERY early talker and at 2.5, she's talking in full sentences easily and asks questions and is very, VERY verbal. She was also VERY active in my belly and my OB kept telling me I was going to have an active kiddo, and I didn't believe him. He was right though... She's a little fireball and has been since the day she came out. I'm hoping baby boy is a little bit more relaxed than she was/is. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There wasn't an email address attached to your comment so I just came over to say "thanks" for answering my question!! I love to hear what inspires people and what beauty is to other people! Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.