It's crazy how even the littlest task of bending over or getting down on my hands and knees literally exhaust me! Okay I'm almost 8.5 months pregnant so I guess it's not so crazy but I feel like I should do more and I know that I shouldn't try to but the OCD in me wants to.
I want this house to be finally all put up and cleaned up.
I want all my clothes that are sitting in a pile in our master closet to be hung/folded and (like an OCD person) hung from short sleeve to long sleeve in color coordination fashion.
I want to sort through all of Wilson's clothes and figure out what he has outgrown and sort his clothes that he hasn't grown into yet.
I want to get all of Callie's clothes washed and put away. Right now it's all stored in boxes (appropriately in size order) in our garage.
I want to have our guest bed set up so I can figure out how I am going to arrange anything else in the room.
I need to decide IF I want to get a dresser or not for Callie's room. I need to get her crib set up and buy a crib mattress for it.
I'm not ready and yet I'm soooo ready to not be pregnant anymore. But even as I type that I know I am going to miss being pregnant. Well certain aspects of it.
I'm not ready to have 2 babies under 2, but I am ready to meet my daughter.
I'm not ready for the labor process, and realizing that it COULD potentially happen at any moment is scary!
I'm not ready to try breastfeeding again. This is a big one. I'm scared and of course the old mommy guilt is starting to creep up again. (What if I can't keep my milk up again? Will I feel the sadness of "failing?")
I probably could do a whole long post about breastfeeding and my issues with it for me personally.
But the funny thing is a lot of moms who struggled with breastfeeding and have blogged about it feel pretty much the same way I do.
This was a funny one to read.
But in any case. Already I've blogged too much and still have things to do! So off I go. Perhaps I'll be able to actually feed Wilson his banana instead of laying on the couch and having him come up to me and take bites of it.
Your kid is so freakin cute! As for breastfeeding, you should do whatever makes you and the baby happy and sane :) There are soooo many things to feel guilty about as a Mom, its really ridiculous....
ReplyDeleteYou should start going to LaLeche League meetings. They are really informative and can answer any of your breastfeeding questions. I wish I would have started going while I was pregnant.
ReplyDeleteoh wow thanks so much for linking to my post!
ReplyDeletealso you can never blog too much ;)
Are you kidding me? That link you posted to the breastfeeding post was HILARIOUS. I about died. Because it's all true. I had a horrible time trying to breastfeed.. and then found out my baby girl had milk protein allergy. Needless to say, I formula feed.. and I felt HORRIBLE about it at first. I wish I would have had that post to read then. Of course.. now I feel fine. My baby is happy, so I am happy. Also, I would have been a constant hag if I was still breastfeeding because I wouldn't be able to eat ANY DAIRY. And I love cheese. And ice cream. That would have sucked.
ReplyDeleteI've had friends who had a terrible time nursing one kid, and were able to nurse the next fine. It's worth a try. But if it doesn't work out, it's awesome that there is the alternative of formula. You're gonna be such an awesome mama of two!!! And wilson is so adorable.
ReplyDelete