12 August 2011

Cloth diapering!

So to save money I had decided to cloth diaper. I've been doing it for about 4 days now and it has been interesting!

Changing a 14 month old is hard enough in itself. As soon as I get the diaper off someone is up and running naked around the living room. Being 6 months pregnant makes it not easy to just get up and chase after him, but we have been making it work.

I'm learning the ropes, we've had some oopsies with leaks but I think that's more just a case by case thing. Some times Wilson's not a heavy wetter and sometimes he is.

The poop has been interesting though.. almost everyone I've talked to has told me "Oh, just roll the poop into the toilet."

Which would be the easiest thing in the world! Except... half the time my son's poopies are not always nice and solid perfect turds that can be easily rolled into the toilet. Most of the time mine are smashed into the insert and or smushy enough that it won't just ROLL into the toilet. I don't have a diaper sprayer but I do have a laundry sink.

Thank goodness for the laundry sink and my rubber gloves!!!

I will say that even though I am saving myself the money by doing cloth diapering, there is more work involved. I miss the convenience of wiping and throwing away the 'sposie, especially when the poop is in there.

I know I need more practice and getting a good establishment down with them though, but all in all, they are a lot cuter than disposables even though the disposables have those patterns on them, I just love the bright colors or even more pastel colors, I hope I have enough money to one day buy a patterned diaper or two!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, power to you for cloth diapering! I don't know if I would have the patience for it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.