17 August 2011

Organizing gets me happy.


My cloth diapering is still working out well especially now that I have a great stash! Before I got my bumgenius 4.0 one size pockets, I was using just my 2 flip covers and my 2 blueberry covers and going through at least 6 inserts a day and I didn't have that many inserts.

I had let a friend borrow my cloth diapers and she had some still at her house that she had forgotten. Since I had about 8 inserts per day I had to make sure and wash all of them so that I'd have them ready for the next day.

Then I got my 6 Bumgeniuses in the mail and an extra set of inserts from cottonbabies.com.

I actually got 3 in girl colors for baby girl for when she comes, and then 3 in other colors that Wilson can actually wear.

Then I was able to buy from another Air force wife 6 Bumgenius 3.0's one size pocket diapers with the insert and 3 really cute diaper covers with inserts for 45.00!!! She also gave me all the detergent she used and a wet bag. This is an amazing deal even for used cloth diapers!

So with all that said, I had cloth diapers strewn about everywhere, inserts everywhere, and a baby monster who WON'T sit still for diaper changes!

On Sunday I bought some organizing tools to help with the whole cloth diapering and I'm so happy with it!

My cloth diapering system is now a bit easier since I now have a good supply and don't have to worry about if I'm going to run out of inserts.

The bumgeniuses are a lot more bulky than the covers which make's Wilson's little padded butt oh so cute!

I may still invest in a diaper sprayer when the time comes but my rubber gloves and sink are working out well so far.


So here is what my "organizing" looks like: A double drawer bin and a laundry drying rack! But oh how it has helped!



Here is the top drawer with my pockets with inserts already stuffed in em so they are ready to go!




Here is the bottom drawer with all my inserts!




Here are my clean diaper covers and wipes for a quick grab if I decide to use them instead of the pockets already stuffed.



Here's the laundry room drying rack for my covers and my new best friends: The Sink and Rubber Gloves! Hi friends! I'm sure I'll be seeing you soon!

4 comments:

  1. We have a diaper sprayer on our toilet and I seriously don't know what I would do without it. We don't have a laundry sink. We didn't buy the "diaper sprayer". Instead, my cleaver husband figured out a way to attach a kitchen sink sprayer to our toilet. You've got a good stash going :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I am an organizing fool.. seriously.. and I love it. Kudos to you for cloth diapering.. I don't think I could do it (or.. I don't think I could get my husband to do it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haley if you are interested in it at all you should definitely do it now while Clara is still little!

    I'm slowly teaching my husband right now and wish we could've started sooner! If your husband is hands on at all he shouldn't mind doing a "little" extra work! ;)

    I will say so far I can tell it is saving me tons of money already and I just started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the diapers! I can't wait until we move and have in-unit laundry again so we can finally use our stash.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.