I am having a girl! I love girly things and yet, looking at things being sold online, I have come to realize I'm not that girly? Or yes I am girly but to a point? Anyhoo. I've come to realize that I just cannot stand two really trendy/adorable things that little girls are wearing right now: Tutus and headbands.
Here's the thing. I think headbands are adorable! If they are proportionate that is. These huge flowered headbands that are bigger than your babies head? No. I can even tolerate somewhat bigger ones if it doesn't swallow the whole forehead.
Yes:
No:
I honestly don't know, some of you guys may even be like "What is she even ranting about?"
All I know is the sight of this enrages me.
Now onto tutus.
Why have tutus become this new thing all of a sudden? I thought tutus were only for ballerinas and yet I see tons and tons of pictures of babies wearing tutus for literally no reason. Except as a photo prop.
The same could be said about headbands really they are just a useless accessory. Now though even just regular clothing have tutus on them.
Tell me why does my daughter need to have a tutu come with a pj set?
Does the tutu keep my baby any warmer? Will she not look as equally cute without it? Is this why I paid over 14 dollars for this pj set? For the tutu skirt that comes with it?
This whole outfit... I have no words....
I will say if you have the money and want to take tons of pictures of your baby in these outfits, PLEASE by all means do it! Let's keep this economy going.
I will be buying headbands for baby girl. Just not huge ones.
As for tutus. Unless someone actually GIVES me one for completely for FREE. You won't be seeing baby girl in one of those.
I agree with you, but I will say, I bought my daughter smaller headbands and they'd leave dents in her little head. So those wider crocheted ones would definitely be more comfortable for them to wear. I found some cute cotton ones that were less than an inch wide and those weren't as tight as the ribbon ones. Good luck!
ReplyDelete