24 June 2011

Milspouse Friday#2





Are you a different person than you were five years ago? submitted by Sisterly Thoughts

Of course I am! Isn't everyone slowly changing little things about themselves consciously and unconsciously? One big different thing is I used to bite my nails really really bad and I made the effort to quit. This took a lot of willpower because I had been biting my nails for as long as I could remember. Another thing is as I got older I learned to curb my pottymouth. I realized that the words that were coming out of my mouth weren't giving me respect or letting people see me for me. Don't get me wrong a curse word still will come out my mouth every now and then, but mostly if something drops on my toe or if something I didn't want to happen, happens.

If you could go on Amazing Race, who would you take with you as your partner and why? submitted by Thoughts from a Poekitten

I probably should say my husband right? Only I don't think we would travel well together! I just don't think he would do well on the show, but I've not watched too much of the show to know really what they do except a lot of traveling? I would say I would take my best friend Shawna because she LOVES The Amazing Race so I think she at the very least would have that advantage! Plus I would love to spend the time with her.


Does Facebook or Twitter actually bring more stress or good in to your life? submitted by Just an Arizona Girl

I would say it brings more good, but it does bring some stress. Well not really stress, more like insecurity. You can't help but realize that you are gone from everyone you love, and who loves you. And friends you thought were friends, now just live their lives and move on. I love keeping my family and friends who care enough to check my stuff, and see how Wilson is doing, see how I'm doing, and knowing that I'm making them miss me just as much as I miss them! So I would say the good outweighs the bad any day.


June is National Soul Food Month- what’s your soul food? submitted by NH Girl Displaced

I love love my homemade Mac -n- Cheese. There is something sooo comforting about just cheese and noodles. MMMMM... I would also say Korean food would be my comfort food. I never get enough of it and really should learn to cook it for myself. But when I do get to eat it, it really brings me back to what I was raised on and gives me that sense of comfort. Not to mention how healthy it is for you!!

If you could live in any other era than the current, which one would it be & why? submitted by Sugar in My Grits

Oh wow! I love this question! With Gone with the Wind being one of my favorite books and movies, I would have to say the 1850s. Wouldn't want to be stuck going through the Civil War but that would be interesting as well. I would really like to see what really went down about slavery. I totally feel like, we had this great CIVIL war because people wanted to KEEP African-Americans as their slaves. It boggles my mind how people could justify keeping other people in bondage and forced servitude. I would LOVE to speak to a slave-owner from that time and really see why they thought they were okay with it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm doing a Giveaway on my blog and would love to give you a chance to win some adorable 4th of July Hair Clips! They're great for baby girls & toddlers!

    Come on over and check it out:
    http://www.forloveofcupcakes.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.