11 November 2010

Gonna try it out.

Well since moving in with the inlaws and in the future knowing that I will be living in a place with my own washer and dryer, I have invested in.... (dramatic music)

CLOTH DIAPERS!

I still have 2 boxes of size 2 pampers to go through so I thought I would buy a couple and test the waters out while I am here.

I am very excited for a couple reasons.

1. Saving money by not having to buy diapers. ALTHOUGH I already had saved money with disposables by stocking up whenever there was a deal and which is why right now I have 2 boxes left to use.

2. Knowing that these are diapers that Wilson will be able to grow into and use even up to his potty training years.

3. Being eco-friendly. (I'm not a huge green person so actually this one doesn't really matter that much to me, but hey its good for the environment so whatever.)


I am nervous for a couple reasons.

1. Not knowing what to expect. Am I going to be dealing with leaks? Poop blowouts? Smell issues? Possible rash issues?

2. Cleaning them. Seems easy enough and yet I read countless posts on different mommy forums of CD'ing moms who have issues with washing their CDs and the absorbency and debating on it all.

3. Having to possibly invest money in all different kinds and finding that none of them are a good fit/match for Wilson. Seems like a lot of CD moms have to try different diapers to figure out which one works and when you are spending 15 bucks a diaper that can get really pricey. Especially when you are going to need a stock of them.



With that said I have bought 3 different diaper covers. Also I am firstly investing in diaper cover and not AIO (all in one diapers) If I feel like Cloth diapering is something I want to invest more in I will probably buy a couple AIO diapers.

I bought 2 Blueberry Diaper Covers



Then I bought one Econobum Trial Pack


And 2 Flip Diapers



The Trial pack comes with 3 inserts and the Flip Diapers come with 3 each as well. I then bought 6 more for the other two Blueberry Diaper Covers.

I bought the blueberry diapers off babysteals.com and the other things off cottonbabies.com

I can't wait to see what it's going to be like. At the very worst I can just resell them to someone else.

1 comment:

  1. Best advice I have is don't use ANY diaper rash cream when using the diapers...it will make the less absorbent. If he starts to break out in a rash, give him some naked butt time :) and then you can oogle at his cute little tushie while it heals. WIN WIN! Sometimes I have to adjust the amount of soap we put in to wash them. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.