Wow. Major big blog posting fail.
I'll be honest. It has been hard to think of things to blog about. Mostly I have been either preoccupied or lacking the will.
It's okay though. Hopefully I can get back in the saddle and ride this out for the rest of the month.
So lets talk about last night.
Last night, we thought Callie was tired and needed to go to bed earlier than usual. So we put her down around 615 pm. She normally goes down around 7 pm.
I wait, thinking she won't fall asleep. But sure enough not a peep comes out and she is fast asleep!
I stay up pretty late, think like 1130 pm.
Go to bed.
Then around 340 am. I hear it.
A whine. Then a cry. Then followed by just cries.
I'm in denial. I run downstairs and get a little bottle of milk. Thinking maybe she is hungry.
No, she does not want it. She reaches for me. She wants mommy.
I pick her up and one whiff, I realize she has pooped.
So I run downstairs with her and change her diaper. She's not crying and actually pretty happy, but sadly wide awake.
Oh no. So I lay with her a bit on the guest bed. She gets really upset when I try to lay her in her crib. So I take her and let her drink that little bottle of milk. It's now like 430 am.
She's trying to crawl over me like I'm a jungle gym.
I can't sleep. And.im.so.tired.
It's now like 5am. I decide since she won't go to sleep in our bed. It's time for her to go back in her crib.
She is SO mad. I wait 5 minutes. It grows quiet.
I could almost cry tears of happiness.
Climb back in my bed. We sleep in until 8 am. That is a treat in the Kirk house!
But man. I am totally feeling the lack of sleep now. I hope we don't have another repeat!
18 November 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! So comment away if you feel the desire.